…i just now realized that “eat the rich” is pretty clearly the sentiment that zombie movies are reacting to, only, from the perspective of the rich…
VOTE FOR THE ZOMBIE PARTY
BE THE FLESH-EATING HORDE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD
EAT THE RICH
No, no, wait, actually, this actually makes sense as a movie. like
- Down on their luck weirdo protagonist w/ health issues accidentally makes zombie virus in their underfunded lab and infects themselves with it.
- Zombie virus is pretty standard (unkillable, flesh decaying, super strength, speed, hunger for flesh, etc) but: no actual deterioration in mental acuity.
- Things are going bad for Protagonist and their roommates or whatever, and one thing leads to another: Protagonist eats their landlord.
- Protagonist is horrified, all their roommates are implicated, they need to survive, so, decision is made, Protagonist bites all of them.
- [etc etc] they get “out of trouble” by Eating The Cops
- at some point they make common cause with other down-on-their-luck people (maybe with health problems, since zombie virus helps w/ that) and they band together to defend themselves, making a sort of code as to what is acceptable to Eat
- forces of the State opposed
- etc etc etc
- Eat The Rich
I would watch this movie.
There was a short story in a book collection I read that had almost exactly this plot. It was a collection of stories with trans MCs, most weren’t that great in my opinion, but that was one of the good ones. I wish I could remember what the anthology was called, or where my copy of it went.